"Are not two sparrow sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father. And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don't be afraid ; you are worth more than many sparrows" Matthew 10:29-31



Saturday, August 21, 2010

Freedom Runs

One of my favorite songs is Break Every Chain by Will Reagan and The United Pursuit Band. 
It's an awesome worship song which starts off with "There is power in the name of Jesus... break every chain"


I think this song is so appropriate for my life right now. 
In high school, especially such a small one like I went to, you tend to grow into chains that hold you down. Whether they be past experiences, social status, first impressions, mistakes we have made, or lies we have believed. Those chains begin to weigh you down, restricting you from growing into the people we are supposed to be, experiencing what we are supposed to experience, love and be loved by those we should be, and discovering the mysteries in store for us. 
So, what does this have to do with me right now?
Well, I am at new starting point in my life... college. Away from the past mistakes, and into a whole new time to make new ones. 
But, by the grace of God, I don't have to be bound by the chains of the mistakes of my past. I have the authority by Christ to live to my full potential in complete confidence and strength without fear.






My favorite line is: "All sufficient sacrifice so freely given, such a price for our redemption Heaven’s gates swing wide  " 

Another version of this song is done by the band, Before It's Too Late, which I talked about two entries ago. Their version takes the song Break Every Chain, and when combined with original lyrics creates Power in the Name which is not only an amazing worship song, but a heartfelt story of life and the ability to pull through anything with Christ. 
"For I am in love with You, there is no cost. For, I am in love with you, I wanna take Your name."


New found freedom, is like a fresh pair of legs after using old, tired, and broken ones while trying to run a marathon.


So, I'm going to run.


- Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment