"Are not two sparrow sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father. And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don't be afraid ; you are worth more than many sparrows" Matthew 10:29-31



Friday, August 27, 2010

Weep Forever

It's time for the music of the week!

I want to recognize an awesome band that I love, The Weepies.

The Weepies are an indie pop-folk band fronted by singer-songwriters Deb Talan and Steve Tannen. Their music has been described as "subtly intoxicating folk-pop". Every heartbreaking line, every subtle message, melodic passage, shows they are an exhibition of genuine talent.


 

some of my favorites from their collection are the wispy, brief opener “Can’t Go Back Now,” from their "Hideaway" album.
"I can't really say why everybody wishes they were somewhere else, but in the end, the only steps that matter are the ones you take all by yourself. You and me walk on, walk on, walk on 'Cause you can't go back now"

A few more of their songs worth listening to are: "World Spins Madly On”  and "Orbiting,”

Although above all of their songs one specifically sticks out to me, my absolute personal favorite: "Gotta Have You"


"Gotta Have You"



Gray, quiet and tired and mean, picking at a worried seam

I try to make you mad at me over the phone.

Red eyes and fire and signs

I'm taken by a nursery rhyme

I want to make a ray of sunshine and never leave home

 
No amount of coffee, no amount of crying

No amount of whiskey, no amount of wine

No, nothing else will do

I've gotta have you, I've gotta have you.

 
The road gets cold, there's no spring in the middle this year

I'm the new chicken clucking open hearts and ears

Oh, such a prima donna, sorry for myself

But green, it is also summer

And I won't be warm till I'm lying in your arms

 
I see it all through a telescope: guitar, suitcase, and a warm coat

Lying in the back of the blue boat, humming a tune...




No comments:

Post a Comment